Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Good Words Before a Big Day

Tomorrow is a big day. At 8AM, we meet with Dr. Bunnell at Dana Farber to discuss the pathology results from my surgery. Of all appointments, this one tells all...OK, maybe not all (I've come to realize there are few absolutes with this disease) but a whole-heck-of-a-lot. As you can imagine, emotions can run wild before an appointment like this one. I thought the best medicine would be a night with my hubby, not a night with me typing away on my blog, so I'm keeping this one short.

First, a great quote from just a few minutes ago.  While we were putting Teddy to bed, Brian was explaining to Teddy why Brian is mad at me and why he was yelling at me tonight -- mainly because I keep lifting things and doing things that the doctor told me not to do. (Does Brian really expect me to be home after five days and not clean something?) Teddy's response: "Daddy, stop yelling at Mommy. She can do anything she wants. And she's not lifting things. She's only carrying things." 

Second, an even better quote, this one from a movie that we watched this afternoon -- "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." It's been a long while since I stayed awake for a whole movie, and this one was worth it. To me, this quote says it all, and it's especially sweet because the words come from the character (Evelyn's) blog:

The only real failure is the failure to try, and the measure of success is how we cope with disappointment, as we always must.  We came here and we tried, all of us in our different ways. ... We get up in the morning, we do our best. Nothing else matters.  

...

But it's also true that the person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing. All we know about the future is that it will be different. But perhaps what we fear is that it will be the same. So we must celebrate the changes. Because as someone once said, "Everything will be alright in the end, because if it's not alright then trust me, it's not yet the end."

2 comments:

  1. Tara,
    I love your spunk..best wishes tommorow. We will be thinking of you.
    Lots of love,
    The federicos

    ReplyDelete
  2. We hope the news is great news for you all. We continue to keep you in our prayers, Tom Barbara Kristen and Will Theodore

    ReplyDelete