Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Land of Hopes and Dreams"

When Brian and I exited the church after our wedding ceremony on July 8, 2006, my cousin Kyle played this song on the piano. I've listened to it about 1,000 times since, and I thought it would be great inspiration for the road today. 

"Land of Hopes and Dreams" by Bruce Springsteen


...
Well, I will provide for you
And I’ll stand by your side
You’ll need a good companion now
For this part of the ride
Leave behind your sorrows
Let this day be the last
Tomorrow there’ll be sunshine
And all this darkness past

Big wheels roll through fields
Where sunlight streams
Oh meet me in a land of hope and dreams
...

I said this train...
Dreams will not be thwarted
This train...
Faith will be rewarded

2 comments:

  1. Yep. This is a great wedding song alright. It'd be great to see the bride with flowing wedding gowns and elegant bridal accessories walking down the aisle with this song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first heard this from a wedding dress shops bath boutique and I instantly fell in love with the song. It's full of emotion and very compelling.

    ReplyDelete