Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hellllloooo Antarctica!!!

I have joked about getting a blog hit from Antarctica for months but today I actually think it could happen so I needed to post a special shout-out.  My cousin's friend, Marino (photographed below), is stationed there and he may be kind enough to log on today so I can say that tarabeatscancer has officially reached every continent (albeit in a manipulated, forced way on the last one). I wish there were polar bears in Antarctica so I could make a nerdy connection to Bowdoin but some quick research tells me that polar bears don't live down there. Nonetheless, hellllllooooo Antarctica!!! Thanks so much for reading!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Tara,

    You are more beautiful with or without make-up but you look great and I love the headband look with the twist those colors are you. You are an inspiration to everyone. Lots of love

    Lisa Dunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tara (Capital of Ancient Ireland),
    I’m Marino writing from Antarctica. I wanted to thanks you for giving me the honor (through Leislie) to be the first person to visit your blog from Antarctica. I’m actually from Costa Rica and might ask yourself what a tropical guy like me is doing down here?
    I came as a tiny, very tiny part of a very large and interesting project (www.wisssard.org) to drill 800 m of ice and sample a subglacial lake for geochemistry and any form of live. My task will be to install instruments on the hole after the sampling, and at two sites some 40 miles away from the drilling site.
    I wish you luck in your life process and please feel this warm hug (Santacruzian style) I’m sending from freezing cold part of the world.
    Peace on Earth,
    Marino Protti
    PS. My wife is Irish and that’s why I know what your name means.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Marino! I can't thank you enough for your kind message from Antarctica. It meant the world to me! Sounds like an awesome project and I wish you the best of luck. I'm sending lots of good vibes right back to you thousands of miles away!
      All my very best,
      Tara

      Delete
  3. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marino you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXO!!!!!!! To both you and Tara!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleassure and honor. It is always great to meet great people. Paz sobre la Tierra.

    ReplyDelete