Saturday, March 2, 2013

Moving On

Yesterday I finally received confirmation that the Ladies' Home Journal did not choose my essay as the winning one for their Day That Changed My Life essay contest. I obviously knew it was coming when I hadn't heard anything for the whole month of February. Still, I was a little disappointed.

Nevertheless, I bounced back quickly. Bouncing back is kind of my thing.

*  *  *

This past Wednesday, I was honored to meet a man who works for Dana-Farber. He also happens to be a patient there, and he writes an awesome blog that I highly recommend (click HERE).

It was great to talk to Michael and I was surprised and honored when he asked me to write a piece about desensitization for Dana-Farber's official blog. He even asked my permission to link my blog to the Dana-Farber page. Maybe I should play hard to get but I don't think he had finished his question before I exclaimed, "Absolutely!"

So today I drafted my blog on desensitization. I'm excited to get it out to a wide audience of people it may really help.

Tonight, we're all headed to Brian's hockey team's first game of the State Tournament. There's been a lot of excitement building around here for that. It sure is fun to compete (or watch a team I really care about compete), and I'm far too stubborn to get down about one of my own small losses. Instead, I'm just really excited for the next win. Hopefully, it comes tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Tara - the honor was mine. Keep writing regardless of what LHJ chooses. -- michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tara, I'm sorry you weren't chosen. I'd like you to know how much I love reading your posts. You have made me laugh and made me cry. There are so many life lessons that can be learned from reading your blog~I look forward to each one that you post. I think you have helped many people - with and without cancer - I think you have given strength to some who have felt weak, comfort to those with anxiety and hope to anyone facing a difficult time in their life. I have been rooting for you here on the sidelines and will continue to do so. So even though LHJ didn't choose your entry, I think bigger things await you! I have learned so much through your blogs ~ I now understand why my kids thought you were such an awesome teacher ~ you still are! Thank you for sharing your journey. Barbara T.

    ReplyDelete